Eye Exams in Modesto, CA
We know you have a lot of choices for eye care. That’s why our team at Advanced Optometric Services feels privileged to be the premier choice for hundreds of individuals and families in our community.
One of the most important services we offer to patients of all ages—from toddlers to seniors—is the comprehensive eye exam.
3 Reasons Why Comprehensive Eye Exams Are Essential
Going to the eye doctor doesn’t require a huge investment in time and energy, yet the benefits are significant. Comprehensive eye exams matter because:
- They help us detect and monitor eye conditions and initiate early treatment
- They ensure your prescriptions and medications are up-to-date
- They can save you money in the long run by optimizing care and efficiency
We recommend getting an eye exam every one to two years, even if you have perfect or near-perfect vision. Many eye health conditions have no warning signs early on but are detectable by our Modesto optometrist, Dr. Brandie Medina.
What to Expect During an Eye Exam
Our comprehensive eye exams are tailored to meet each patient’s specific needs. Generally, we use a number of techniques to thoroughly assess the health of your eyes and determine your vision needs. These include:
- Visual acuity testing
- Eye alignment test
- Microscopic examination
- Ocular motility, to measure how well your eyes move
- Stereopsis, to measure depth perception
- Visual field testing, to measure peripheral vision
- Inner eye pressure testing, to screen for glaucoma
- Eye dilation as necessary
We’ll make additional recommendations as needed based on the results of your exam.
Looking for an Optometrist Near You?
If you live near Modesto, CA and are looking for an eye doctor you can trust with your family’s vision and eye care needs, contact Advanced Optometric Services at 209.521.7771 to schedule an appointment with Modesto optometrist Dr. Medina.